Africa. A journey to the cradle of civilization changes a man. This past May thru June I journeyed across five countries in Southern Africa on a nearly 40 day adventure. I changed. And changed for the better.
People called it, “the trip of a lifetime.” I agree. The journey shined a bright light on the “dark” continent. It made me realize more about myself and my travel.
On my trip, I took Safaris to witness amazing animal survival in the bush, enjoyed tours of wineries and tasted local home-brews, stood before incredible landscapes sculpted by time, witnessed the power of forgiveness and celebrated the world cup.
An epic journey. A trip of a lifetime.
So, for August. I decided to dedicate my blog to Africa. All Africa All August. Here is a recap of all the stories.
Safari (Botswana and South Africa)
- Sunset Sunday – Kruger National Park, South Africa
- The Giraffe – Big 5 worthy
- On Safari with the Big Five
- The Zebra: Black or White Stripes
- Sunset Sunday: Safari on the Chobe River
- Drifting along the Chobe River, Botswana
- A Thirsty Heard of Elephants, Botswana
Pretoria, South Africa
- Take a Pint in South Africa
- A Visit to District Six Museum
- Franschhoek, South Africa
- Sunset Sunday: Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa
- Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa
- The Upside Tree dominates the Namibian Fishing Village
- Sunset Sunday – Sossusvlei, Namibia
- The Road from Sossusvlei to Swakopmund, Namibia – Essential Africa
Zimbabwe – Zambia
hope you enjoyed the stories. And know there are many more yet to be published. Stay tuned and ….
stay adventurous, Craig