Every Sunday, my blog celebrates the Sunset with photos from my adventures around the world.
That word alone makes us smile. We are warmed by a memory; we recall a time, a place, a moment. Perhaps, it reminds you of the last time you watched the sun dip on holiday, the time you spent it with that someone special or when you completed our quest to witness the ‘green flash.’
The daily descent delights differently, but is universally positive. The sunset remains one of the most celebrated moments of the day. And as someone who seeks sunset moments, and someone with a collection of photos I decided to post a photograph on each and every Sunday (almost) to my blog. So welcome to Sunset Sunday.
And in case you ask why? Well for me, it surprises, seduces, and slows.
The sunset surprises….it surprises with beauty each and every time. It’s magic. Majestic magenta streaks light the sky, a powerful pinkish hue brightens the clouds, or a golden glaze warms the ocean. All perfect. All beautiful. Always a surprise.
The sunset seduces…..It seduces each of us with the transformation of day to night. The raw romance allows us the ability to inch closer to someone sitting next to us or to step closer to greater universal understanding. We become captivated; we become seduced.
The sunset slows…..it slows down time and more noticeably slows down us. It allows us to pause, to take a deep breath, and to let go of our false sense of control. We disconnect from today’s fast paced world and hold on to a new measurement of time. A tad slower.
But we all hold our memories. In addition to sharing my moments, I want to encourage you to share yours. Post your picture on twitter with the #SunsetSunday in your message. Or if you want contact me with your top photographs and perhaps I’ll post your photograph and story as part of a guest post for the sunset sunday series. (Also you can reach me @ email@example.com)
So to recap all the places and posts from Sunset Sunday I decided to keep a running list here. You’ll notice I am dividing the photos into seasons. Each will have 12-15 posts depending on any special theme my blog might be running (such as All Africa All August, or the Mexico Bicentennial Tribute) Therefore, now starting after each “season” instead of taking a break for a few weeks, to pause and reflect, I am posting ‘guest posts’ from other bloggers who appreciate the Sunset as well. Ah, it continues to grow.
- Upstate New York (10/24)
- Edinburgh, Scotland (10/31 Halloween)
- NYC Marathon, Central Park, NYC (11/07)
- Charleston, South Carolina (11/14)
- Brooklyn Bridge, New York City (11/21)
- Santa Teresa, Costa Rica (11/28)
- San Blas, Nayarit, Mexico (12/05)
- Blacks Sands of Bali
- Carlsbad, California
- Playa Mazatlan, Mexico
- Joshua Tree, California
- Kata Beach, Thailand.
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- The Isle of Paxos, Greece
- Tavernier, FL (Keys)
- Poolside in Los Cabos, Mexico
- San Sebastian, Spain
- Upper Florida Keys, FL (Ocean Side)
- Kayak in the Keys, FL
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Tamarindo, Costa Rica
- Salkehatchie, SC
- Mother’s Day Tribute, Florida Keys, FL
- Oxford, England
- Puerto Escondido, Mexico
- Pretoria, South Africa
- Chobe River, Botswana
- Benton, PA (4th of July)
- Rustenburg, South Africa (World Cup)
- Pescadero, Mexico (in Baja)
- Laguna Beach, CA (Green Flash)
- Sossusvlei Lodge, Namibia
- Safari on the Chobe River, Botswana
- Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa
- The Mighty Zambezi, Zambia-Zimbabwe
- Tulum, Mexico
- Mazatlan, Mexico
- Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Season Break – Guest Posts
- Eastern Shores of Lake Huron – by Wendy Greene (09/26)
- A Horse on the Hudson, New York – by Mark Samu (10/03)
- Flathead Lake, Montana – by Lisa Bergren (10/10)
- Sandy Hook, New Jersey – by Melissa Morris (10/17)
This page has the following sub pages.